If you’re one the fence of whether to sign your child up for ballet classes, here are 7 reasons you should consider signing her up!
- Ballet classes will stretch your child’s imagination as they dance the roles of different characters in ballet class.
- Ballet keeps children moving, which is important and beneficial to the growth and development of their bodies. It helps them to stay active, release extra energy, improve muscle development, and increase cardiovascular and overall health.
- It relieves stress. Yes, even young children can be stressed. Dance boosts endorphins and has a meditative quality. It’s even been called “moving meditation”!
- Dancing doesn’t just exercise the body; it also exercises the brain! And in ballet class, we also listen to classical music, also boosting brainpower.
- Ballet is good for self-esteem and confidence.
- Even small children begin to learn self-discipline as they learn to follow directions and to try their best in class.
- It’s fun! Children get to act out roles as they are dancing. Who doesn’t want to be a fairy or a princess?